Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Homework Fun

Last night Nathaniel's homework assignment was to find items around the house to sort and classify into different groups. I was thinking for a while of what items to choose, then I remembered saving all my buttons from clothes, dresses, and even saving some from my mom's clothing. I had a ton of buttons in my little sowing box. I got those out and one little boys homework assignment turned into an entire family project that lasted about 45 min. We had different groups going on, buttons with out holes, buttons with 4 holes, 2 holes, buttons made with material, and so on... It was so much fun! Start saving your buttons now!!! I lie not, while I am typing this my daughter Kayla just walked in this room and asked, "Mommy, where's the buttons, please mommy I want to play the button game with you again." I can not believe it!!! She read my mind. Too bad I loaned the buttons to Nathaniel's teacher to use as a class sorting game.

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh how fun! I used to have a button jar...it was broken :)